Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Redemption



ACT I – The Transgression

How does one forgive when the hurt is so great,
The wound so deep,
The divide so wide,
One claims sacrifice,
The other sees greed,
One claims love,
The other sees betrayal,
Come down off your cross martyr,
No souls will you save.

What echoes from the scripture,
What thoughts run through your head,
Do your dreams bring peace,
Or does a cold chill course through you,
Do your imaginings bring calm, or are you filled with dread,
Do you awake with a shock when you glimpse the fiery depths below?

Confession soothes the soul,
Repentance eases the sorrow,
Go make your declaration,
Your remorseful affirmation,
Forgive me Father, for I have sinned.

ACT 2 – Sweet Surrender

I look into the still water,
And transgression is reflected,
As I judge, I will be judged,
So, I will climb down from my cross,
Like my brother, no souls will I save,
When I’ve claimed sacrifice,
Others saw greed,
When I’ve claimed love,
Others saw betrayal,
Hail Mary, full of grace…,
Let my heart be filled with mercy for the one that caused me pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment